Our Family Tree
Learn about the generous donors who have established charitable funds through Stark Community Foundation.
Grant Recommendations: If you already have a charitable fund with Stark Community Foundation and want to guarantee your favorite organizations receive your generous support in 2021, be sure to submit your grant recommendations by Sunday, December 26 through the Donor Portal or email.
Stock: Gifts of appreciated securities must be received into Stark Community Foundation's account before the close of business day on Friday, December 31. Notify Bridgette Neisel early to ensure a smooth transfer of these gifts by contacting her by email or by phone at 330-454-7992.
Check: Checks sent through the U.S. Postal Service must be postmarked on or before December 31. Checks sent by FedEx or UPS must be physically received at our office on or before Friday, December 31.
Credit / Debit Card: Make a gift online with your credit or debit card to an existing fund or new fund. Online gifts must be received by December 31 at 11:59 p.m. to receive a tax benefit.
With the end of 2021 fast approaching, we want to share 6 tips to make a meaningful impact with your year-end giving.
1. Donate Stock: Donating stock instead of cash to Stark Community Foundation can be a tax-smart move. When you donate stock or other appreciated securities you have owned for longer than a year, you are exempt from paying capital gains tax. Plus, you may be able to receive a tax deduction for the full fair market value of the donation up to the full amount allowed by the IRS.
2. Give the Gift of Giving: This holiday season, gift charitable giving cards to your family members, friends and colleagues and support the causes they are passionate about. Giving cards work just like retail gift cards, only instead of redeeming the card at a store, the recipient can give the card's value as a donation to their favorite charity. Learn more and purchase »
3. Give Now - Decide Later. Open a Donor Advised Fund and receive an immediate tax deduction and have the flexibility to give back to nonprofits when the time is right for you. Your fund also will grow tax-free through wise investing, allowing you to give more as your fund grows. Donor Advised Funds are easy to create, tax-deductible and have no start-up costs. Open a Donor Advised Fund online today in less than 5 minutes »
4. Donate from Your IRA: Make a Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) from your IRA directly to Stark Community Foundation tax-free. While RMDs can't support Donor Advised Funds or Supporting Foundations, this may be an opportune time to support your favorite charities or areas of interest with a rollover to one of the Foundation's five other types of funds.
5. Bunch Your Donations: A popular giving strategy national and local experts recommend this year is charitable bunching, which is essentially bunching multiple years’ worth of donations into one calendar year to receive maximum tax benefits. Learn about this smart giving strategy »
6. Honor a Loved One: A meaningful way to show you care is to honor a family member or close friend by supporting a cause they hold close to their heart, such as education, the arts, mental health or the environment.